Elephant Sanctuary Thailand
Location: Chiang Mai
Our elephant Camp is a small family camp in the region of Mae Wang, close to Chiang Mai. As we are people from the White Karen hill-tribe, we used to live for thousand of years with elephants in our villages. But nowadays, villagers don’t use anymore elephants to help them in the jungle and for agriculture, and we have less and less animals in the forest. At Thong Elephant Sanctuary we want to save them and offer them a nice place to live freely.
Our camp is an eco-tourism and sustainable project
Why don’t we let people ride our elephants?
The spines of elephants are not the same as horses. They cannot support any weight from above, so riding causes long term harm. And because we do love our elephants, they are a part of our family, we do not want that people to ride them. Discovering and sharing are fun too!
We are a small family camp, really different of all the big elephants camps you will find along the way in Chiang Mai, with buses of tourists everyday. We only accept small groups.
No chains, no hook, no riding, but so much fun and feelings 🙂
One day experience with free elephants
Enjoy a full day experience with free elephants walking all around!
No chains, no hook and no riding, this camp is only for happy elephants
* Departure from your hotel in Chiang Mai around 8.45-9.15am
* Stop at a local thai market to discover and buy some food for the lunch (food included)
* Arrive at the camp, in the middle of the jungle and discover your new big friends
* Change your clothes to Karen clothes
* Learn about elephants and their history in the Kingdom of Thailand
* Feed them as a first approach
* Lunch time for you ( thai food )
* Make medicine ball (vitamins) to give to your friends
* Go to the mud spa with them
* Swim and bath in the river to clean the mud
* Enjoy the afternoon with free elephants in the fields: be ready to follow or being followed, as they are really curious!
* Enjoy free time to take pictures
* Change back your clothes and get a souvenir for free
* Visit a non touristy waterfall
* Visit a Royal Project of agriculture
* Back to Chiang Mai at your hotel around 5 - 5.30pm
Adult 2400.00 THB
Child 1500.00 THB